Thursday, November 1, 2012

92* November

November has unavoidably made its way into my year. I feel like I will be living through some horrible  countdown for the next 29 days. My heart hurts and I feel sick. The tears are blinding my sight so I will not write anymore.

Element of the day (day 92)
#90) Th- Thorium-] radioactive: Actinide Series 
Discovered in 1820 by Jons Jakob Berzelius, Sweden.
About as common as lead in the Earth's crust. There is more energy available in the Earth's thorium supply than in all of the uranium and fossil fuels combined. Used in high temperature applications, such as incandescent gas mantles, tungsten filament coatings and lab equipment, in certain camera lens and other optical instruments.

Obtained from monazite and thorium dioxide. Mined in Australia, Canada, the USA, Russia and India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment