Wednesday, November 14, 2012

105* Lots of Kenny stuff

Today, Jheremy and I did a lot of packing. Then I began to clean off the top of my desk. I found quite a few Kenny items as I sifted through the layers of stuff on my desk.

This was one of Kenny's books from 1st grade when he had "Mrs. C" for a teacher- she was frog crazy. She had many frog items in her classroom; even a make believe bog with a log pillow and green tulle and netting hanging from the ceiling. She was one of our favorite teachers.

cover page on Kenny's story


Here is a book Kenny wrote, most likely during the 1st grade also. It is called The Fox and the Stork. It looks like Kenny wrote the story backwards.
It is a fold-able book with the front and back made to be the body of the fox which Kenny cut and colored himself. I think it is very cute, although I wonder why it doesn't have a nose or mouth. Hhmmm...
 This is the inside of the book- written and illustrated by Kenny



It reads:(from right to left)
              The fox invits stork to Dinner.
              Fox tricked the stork.
              The stork trick the fox.

I also found the paperwork from Fresno Unified specifying the accomodations for Kenny to return to high school half way thru his sophomore year. I cried when I read those papers, remembering the severity of emotional difficulty he lived through during his teen years. It made me super sad--missing him intensely! Tears are falling now, lip trembling and all. I had so much hope when he returned to school. And as he began senior year with his driver's license I thought he was going to make it for sure. I believed he had survived the worst of his difficult times. But as we know, I was so so wrong.

On a brighter note, I also found an invitation from his 8th birthday party, which we had in this house. It was one of his best parties and I was proud of myself for making the invitations on the computer. I think it was the first time I ever made any.On that particular birthday I made mini ghost cakes that the kids were able to decorate and we made popcorn hands with candy corn nails filling up plastic cooking gloves. It was a pretty fun party. I played Halloween music while they played musical chairs, and that was pretty funny.I think Kenny was walking like a zombie, and there was lots of laughter. It is a very happy memory.

Until tomorrow...

Element of the day (day 105)
#103) Lr- Lawrencium-]radioactive: Actinide Series  
Discovered in 1961.
Too rare to have any uses.

  
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment