Saturday, November 17, 2012

108* back scratchers

back rakes

It was March.-> I was at Walgreen's (palm & bullard before it moved).->I saw this display and the tears flowed, so I had to wander the aisles wiping my tears before I could go back to the checkout counter. Back rakes are just the kind of thing Kenny would love to have. He had a few back scratchers but none that were this unique. I wanted to buy one; however, I talked myself out of it because Kenny was dead and I thought it would be a little crazy (even for me) to buy him a gift without him being here to enjoy it. I would have bought him a gold one if he were alive. The display was at the check out counter so I asked the cashier if I could take a picture of it. He must have thought that was quite a peculiar request, especially since tears were still staining my eyes and cheeks. I explained that my dead son would have loved them. I took this pic so long ago, then saw it in my phone today which reminded me of that day. 

hand back scratcher
      
Strangely enough, I always remembered about the rake back scratchers and regretted not buying one. I could have put it in his room somewhere even though he is gone.-> 

Recently, I was at Walgreen's again (new one on palm & shaw). I saw another back rake display--this display had new back scratchers. Hands with smiley faces! I bought one because I knew Kenny would love it--this time I didn't talk myself out of it. I think Kenny could have started a new collection. :-\  so sad that he's not here to do so...

 Until tomorrow...



Element of the day (day 108)
#106) Sg- Seaborgium-]radioactive 
not found naturally or occurs in such minute amounts that is does not reasonably exist on Earth.   
Discovered in 1974 by Albert Ghiorso and other scientists in the USA.
Highly radioactive metal. It has never been found in nature. Chemistry is believed to be similar to tungsten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment