Sunday, November 25, 2012

116* MONOPOLY

This morning I had to force myself to get out of bed--> I could have stayed in bed all day and I wish I had.

Until tomorrow...




MONOPOLY- ONYX EDITION
[+[+[+[ RANDOM TOPIC]+]+]+]  $$$$$$$$MONOPOLY$$$$$$$ 
more MONOPOLYs
Kenny was a very big fan of MONOPOLY-- it was his favorite board game for most of his life. We played through two sets of original monopoly until they were worn out or too many pieces were lost. We played as a family when the boys were very much younger. During his teen years Vincent lost interest in playing with us so we didn't play very often. Kenny and I played by ourselves a couple times but he thought it was too boring with only two people. We tried to play when we had company because then we had more players. We would play for hours, and hours. Until somebody actually ran out of money. It could be so much fun! And we would laugh and be silly- order pizza- or have snacks. Kenny won most of the time-it was the only time I knew Kenny to be ruthless. 
It's hard to remember when we started buying novelty sets. Maybe when he was 15 or 16. When I was looking for the games to take pictures there seem to be a couple missing. I know my Dodger Monopoly is packed and the Transformer Monopoly is in Vincent's room because it is his.
I remember buying Kenny the Here & Now version for Christmas one year because he wanted something different to replace the one we had. Another memory I have was going to Barnes & Noble's with Kenny when he saw the onyx edition he gasped aloud and darted straight to it. I knew I was going to buy it for him. It is very cool on the inside. The houses and hotels look like little crystal gems and there is a very cool spiral holder for the property cards, which I haven't seen in any other sets. Regardless of that. Kenny's favorite things were the blackened token pieces and black dice with silver dots. I found a lot of extra tokens when I took out the parts to take the picture. There were 23 tokens-]some from the original game and I don't know where the others are from, maybe one of the lost games.
~ ~So many double tokens!! ~ ~

Element of the day (day 116)
#114) Uuq- Ununquadium-] radioactive  
Discovered in 1999 by scientists in Dubna, Russia.
Obtained by the fusion process of bombarding plutonium with calcium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment