Thursday, November 22, 2012

113* A day without turkey

~*~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING ~*~

Thanksgiving was definitely different this year. It was the second year I did not make turkey because last year Kenny made me promise I would go to Ken's for thanksgiving and we ate there. However, I did make candied yams and pumpkin pie last year, two of mine and Kenny's favorites. Vincent doesn't eat those. This year I made a ham for the first time in several years because it is Vincent's favorite. I haven't had to make it because Vincent was always able to eat it at his Grandpa Ken's. He's not much into turkey and stuffing,, so today was very non-traditional for me. I took over Kenny's job of mashing and preparing the potatoes. He's been doing it the last few years and he basted the turkey for me alot too. I taught him how to make stuffing and he stuffed the turkey the last time we made one. Year before last we made a turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas with all the trimmings. It was fairly fabulous-- I've always loved cooking these special meals for my family.
                                     
--Kenny's favorite fork on top of Kenny's favorite towel--
                       


I took a pic of Kenny's favorite fork, which he would have used today if he was here-we would've had candies yams, stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, celery with cream cheese and the Hawaiin rolls Vincent likes (we did have those today).
Anyway, I survived this one without my beloved Kenny. It could have been worse--even so, there were more than a few intensely grave moments. Somehow, I managed to get through them. I listened to the twilight soundtracks repeatedly and cried lots.

Until tomorrow...

Element of the day (day 113)
#111) Rg- Roentgenium-]radioactive  
Discovered in 1994 by S.Hoffman, V.Ninov, F.Hessberger, P.Ambruster and G.Munzenberg, Germany.
Highly radioactive metal. It has never been found in nature. Chemistry is believed to be similar to gold.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment